Monday, March 06, 2006

Tribute to Moria Shearer

I just learned about the death of Moria Shearer while I was watching the Oscars last night.
I had created a paper doll of her many years ago, but wanted to do a special tribute to her, so I will add it here. Like many girls of the early 1950's, I saw the film, "The Red Shoes" and this gave us a different view of the ballet world. It was darker and probably more realistic than many of the musicals I'd seen in the past. I had always loved dance, and this film left a very deep impression which has remained always. Moria was so beautiful with her red hair and ivory skin.
This paper doll does capture her likeness well and I hope younger people will watch the film.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

I loved her too and didn't realize she had died until last night. you did an excellent job.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home